MetaTrader 4 is a platform for trading Forex, analyzing financial markets, and using expert advisors. The integral parts of MetaTrader 4 that enhance your Forex trading experience are mobile trading, trading signals, and market.
Considered the gold standard among trading platforms, MetaTrader 4 is a free platform for trading forex and other financial instruments such as CFDs, futures, indices, commodities, and cryptocurrencies. MetaTrader4 is available for retail traders through specific brokers, which individually license the platform. According to its developer, MetaQuotes Software, the platform is available through over 750 brokers and banks and services millions of traders.
Many traders with a wide range of needs choose MetaTrader 4 to trade in the stock market. This platform offers a variety of opportunities to traders of all skill levels: advanced technical analysis, flexible trading system, algorithmic trading, and expert advisors, as well as mobile trading applications.
What devices can you use if you trade with MT4?
If you decide to use MT4 as your trading platform, you can use:
- PC (Windows, Linus, macOS)
- Phone (Android, iOS)
What are the benefits of MT4?
- Automated Trading – this means an expert advisor analyzes markets and trades for you
- Web Trading – this allows you to trade in financial markets via any browser on any operating system
- MetaTrader Market – you can buy or rent trading robots and technical indicators to raise your trading to a new level
- Trading Signals – they offer the option to subscribe to a signal to copy trades of an experienced trader
- The community of Traders – this allows you to read trading news and articles, communicate with other traders and find out more about Forex
What are the pros of MT4?
- Ease of deployment
- The platform doesn’t overload the computer
- User-friendly design for beginner investors
- Compatible with several operating systems such as Linux, Mac and Windows as well as iOS and Android.
Who is it best for?
MT4 works better for beginning traders looking to dip their toes into data, but also for advanced traders who want a data-rich experience.